We have enjoyed this recipe for years – usually adding a bit more tamari for more flavor. Since I buy my beans in bulk, I typically measure 1 cup of pintos prior to cooking.
- 1 can Eden Organic Spicy Pinto Beans
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp Eden Organic Tamari
- 1 cup red pepper, roasted and diced
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped fresh
Drain the beans and reserve the liquid in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Add enough water to equal 1-1/2 cups. Place this liquid in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
Drain off any excess liquid.
While the quinoa is cooking, blend the oil, lime juice and 1 tbsp of tamari in a bowl. Toss in the beans and let sit at room temperature. Add the cooked quinoa, onion, red pepper, cilantro, and additional tamari to taste, if needed. Mix well.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 6 servings