Honey Mustard from Maille is the secret ingredient in this sweet meets salty finale for a fabulous meal. Honey, Mustard, and dark chocolate are all esteemed for their aphrodisiac properties.
- 1/2 cup of salted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons of Maille® Honey Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1- 3/4 cup cup of salted mini-pretzels, crushed (reserve a few pretzels intact)
- 10 ounces of dark chocolate chips or baking bar), melted
- 1-1/5 cups of heavy cream
- 12 oz dark chocolate (3 baking bars of 4 oz each), chopped
- Sea salt for sprinkling on top
In a standing mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter until smooth for approximately 30 seconds. Then add the confectioners’ sugar, Maille Honey Dijon mustard and the pretzels. Blend on a low speed until incorporated. Then slowly add the flour, egg and salt. Blend. Finally, add 4-6 whole mini-pretzels to the batter and blend quickly — just breaking them up but leave the pieces large enough to add a fun crunch to the crust. Remove the dough and wrap in plastic wrap for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days. Remove and let dough warm up on the counter for approximately 25 minutes before rolling out for individual tartlettes or a tart pan.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare two fluted tartlet pans (with removable bottom) or a regular size (9-inch) fluted tart pan with removable bottom with baking spray followed by a dusting of flour.
Visit Maille for more delicious recipes. Original recipe can be found here.